The aim of the Council of Women is to work for the betterment of conditions pertaining to women, family, community and society.
Members try to accomplish this through interest and action in such areas as economics, education, health, environment, housing, justice, status of women, social development and seniors’ issues.
The Provincial Council of Women of Ontario is composed of Local Councils throughout Ontario and Provincial Organizations.
The PCWO Board includes the Executive, Vice-Presidents in charge of specific Study Committees and Administrative Chairpersons. Similar committees in Local Councils are members of the PCWO Study Committees.
The Provincial Council of Women of Ontario was formed in 1923 and carries concerns of women in the province to the Ontario Provincial Government.
Members and Vice-Presidents identify emerging issues during the year and prepare resolutions to be studied and voted on by the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
Resolutions passed by the membership culminate in a Brief which is submitted and discussed with legislators at Queen’s Park each fall.
Throughout the year, letters are written to the Premier, Ministers and presentations are made to government representatives.
- Work together to improve communities and society by identifying emerging needs, raising public awareness and responding to current concerns.
- Provide ideas, leadership and strength to an organization whose history has proven its worth.
- Meet and work with interesting community leaders.
- Benefit from experience of other individuals and organizations.
- Network with people having different viewpoints.
- Discuss issues with other community organizations throughout the province.
- Meet yearly with elected government representatives.
London & Area
Oakville & Area Study Group (OASG)
Ottawa Council of Women
Toronto & Area Council of Women
Niagara District Council of Women
Our aim is to provide a website for each local council.
FEDERATED ASSOCIATIONS OF ONTARIO
Association of Early Childhood Educators- Ontario
Business and Professional Women’s Clubs of Ontario
Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario
Ontario English Catholic Teacher’s Association
Ontario Dental Hygienists Association
Ontario Home Economics Association
Polish Canadian Women’s Federation
Ukranian Women’s Association of Canada
The Federated Women’s’ Institute of Ontario